enough light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdoc

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have a 55g folar tank and was looking to upgrade my lighting to a PC 260w. What coral/anenomes can I add with that light?
Thanks

You can keep a wide variety of coarls under this lighting. Leathers, mushrooms, zoos, polyps, other softies and most LPS corals will do just fine under this type of light. A lower light anemone such as the bulb tip will do fine as well. The only thing you should stay away from are most SPS corals, clams and higher-light anemones.

If you have not purchased the lights yet I suggest you take a look at this thread:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=73339&pc_tzo=-21600&pc_d=20060310&pc_t=52487

Two of these fixtures would cost about $110-120 and IMO provide about the same amount of light with less eneregy and a lot less heat.

I have 4 fixtures on my 90g and am successfully keeping a host of corals and a few lower light anenome.

These fixtures are fairly new (6-8 months) and have not received the due attention.

Just a thought.

Good luck,

Aaron

What about anenome's for Prec clowns?
Like I mentioned, the BTA will do just fine under that lighting. Please keep in mind that you can never predict if any anemone will host any clown. It is always a crap-shoot. I have a pair of true percs and it took several months before my BTA decided to host them.

Back
Top Bottom