Enough light for coraline and future anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TXclownin'

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is 3 watts/gallon enough for some anemone and decent coraline growth? I was planning on getting the current usa setup w/ moonlight that is 24" long and provides 65 watts for my 22 Gallon. I plan on getting an anemone down the road and some live rock here in a week or so when it looks like my cycle is moving along nicely.

Coraline is a bit more dependant on a more saturated CA then lighting. You just need a good coraline source to get it started. 3watts/gal is on the very low end for anemones. You could try a bulb tip but with that lighting it will likely need to be feed as a suppliment for lower lighting, even then, long-term thrivability will be in question.

u could try to go with the coralife 2-65wt for pretty cheap and its a great product. That would give u all the light u need. You can get them om ebay pretty cheap. Just a thought

You only need 3 watts per actual gallon is what I read on the internet (After your LR displaces water)

if u get the ones with actinic blue and daylight bulbs do you run them both at the same, time for lets say 10 hours? or do you run the actinic blue for half and then the day light? just curious

Back
Top Bottom