Eric's 240 build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey everyone, I can't believe it's been a year since my last post. 3 kids and a job change made it tough to stay engaged on this or the tank.

With that said I have stepped my aquarium game back up an I am excited to take it to the next level. Some fish and coral have come and gone and I had (still having) a nasty battle with green hair algae, but it was not surprising since my maintenance regimen went to none. I contemplated giving the corals to the lfs and letting the remaining corals just die and convert the system to a predator tank or freshwater, but have since decided to stick with it.

My reeflo pump was binding up so I took it off to clean so while I did that I moved the mag 18 over from the skimmer to be the main pump and everything seemed to like that better so I decided to leave it that way. (Mr. X was right on the reeflo) Naturally, after no skimming for a few months the gha struck with the force of a dothraki horde.

I did a sump modification, bought a reef octopus 2000 int, and removed 50 lbs or so of the rocks that had the most algae.

I also finally got auto dosers and an ato. Now the corals are growing again and vibrant looking and the algae is at a more manageable level although not gone. Pics to come shortly.

Ok so how do we post photos now? I tried the camera button and the app drops, the mountain and attachment buttons and it says "we have a problem" so then I tried to paste a photo bucket link and it said we can no longer do that either- it said to read a thread but there was none on the mobile app?

Did my pic show up?
40f602ea2b5a76aa6081802118d534ab.jpg

Are you on tapatalk?

Sites like photobucket are no longer supporting forum use.
So with that said, you'll have to use the advanced options on the app/website. If you are getting errors restart the app. For whatever reason seems to cap the number of photos per page. I'm still experimenting with it.
But with that said, really nice to see a reference back to Mr X. He taught me pretty much everything I know and still don't have even half the knowledge he has. Sure wish he'd return to the hobby after his last run of setbacks.

Yes I see it- nice tomatoes! No Im not on taptalk- I guess I need it?
Haha thanks! Use my fw tankwater;) tapatalk seems to simplify this forum, for me anyways, I'm on android though. Not sure what the Apple setup looks like. I'd suggest looking into imugur for photo hosting, pb went all Martin scarelli on us.

Well I checked out the thread re: photo bucket so I understand now. I tried what it said to do and obviously still having issues. I'll keep playing with it, might try to delete and re-install the app.

Yea, Hank, Doug definitely knows his stuff and he got directly to the point lol.

Well, I guess I have reached my quota for adding photos to any thread? Without being able to do the photo bucket link I don't see how I will be able to add photos. I even tried to create another album it is jacked up as well. I tried to go through tap talk but it is giving the same errors. I can't be the only one with this problem... anyone else know a solution??

Another popular photo hosting site is Imgur. It works via a browser on a desktop PC and for mobile devices, there are several Imgur client apps to choose from.

Ok well I've at least figured out how to get a link on there- now I just need to work on getting the image itself to post rather than a link.

Fresh- thanks!

brookster- yes I have been thinking of scraping it off I love the all black or blue background look.

Bribo- Not sure the gender but it has totally cleaned out the hermit crabs, Ive been contemplating taking it back but it is a really cool fish.

Yeah everything I've heard says they love inverts but they're a really cool fish. Is it green or more of a grey? Looks like a female to me

Back
Top Bottom