Ermmm...oops..chem mix-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hatachimog

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,
I was doing my regular 25% WC routine and absent mindedly put my liquid Calcium supplement cap onto my Prime bottle and there was like 2.5 ml of Ca still in the cap when I poured what I realized two seconds too late was actually Ca and not the Prime cap. Subsequently I did the same with the Ca; put the cap back on the wrong bottle with like 1 ml of Prime solution into the Ca bottle...
Do I have to ditch both bottles ? Or is it not gonna compromise, the integrity of the chems in the bottles??

I would not think it would make much of a difference. I don't know why you use prime but the little bit of added calcium should not matter that much. You`ll be OK.

I am not sure why you would use calcium or prime either? Is it a heavy stocked reef?

as far as the calcium is concerned, i had been under the impression that Snails need calcium to grow. have i been misinformed?:blink:

as far as the calcium is concerned, i had been under the impression that Snails need calcium to grow. have i been misinformed?:blink:

They do but there is plenty of calcium in your water already. A snail will use a miniscule amount of what is already in your water. Don't dose anything you don't test for. The calcium is not needed in this circumstance.

Back
Top Bottom