Eshopps Overflow Box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone ever use these overflow boxes? How do you keep the siphon going? Mine always develops a huge air bubble in the U-Tube and im scared its going to lose siphon and over flow.

I have the nano overflow and have never had it break siphon yet. How did you get it going?

I have the nano overflow and have never had it break siphon yet. How did you get it going?

Put some airline tube in the tube and sucked the air out. It starts but after a few it gets the big bubble and barely siphons water out.

Hmm I would fill up the black part with water fully, and I remember when I did mine I kind of had to suck out some salt water to make sure no break

What type of return pump? If the pump is to low of flow air bubbles get trapped. Properly matched pump will push the bubbles right thru. I run a mag 7 with eshopp 800 overflow on two tanks with no air bubbles

What type of return pump? If the pump is to low of flow air bubbles get trapped. Properly matched pump will push the bubbles right thru. I run a mag 7 with eshopp 800 overflow on two tanks with no air bubbles

I didn't think to check with him on his pump. But that can be a problem as well if they don't match up!

Had the same problem with one, never kept prime. Finally got rid of it and got a tunze. Much better design, not so much as a bubble in it in months.

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1 You must match the return pump to the over flow

I run one with a mag 12 and had the same problem until I finally found the sweet spot with the return flow.

This is the one I have. the lady said the Pf-300 needs a pump this size to even it up. LG-ARP440102 Premium Aquatics - LG-ARP440102 Aquarium Supplies

Wow. She doesn't know what she is talking about. That pump isn't even close. You probably have about 4' of vertical piping from return to tank. That pump won't break 200gph at that distance and you need to match 300gph on the overflow. Take the pump back and get the next size up. Then throttle it back some to match.

That's why I decided to not use the e-shops overflow. That's U tube thing did not look promising. Got reef octopus overflow box knockoff and any bubbles that do developed are removed by airlift pump.

If I had to use the e-shops I would drill the apex on that u-tube, silicone one of those air hose connectors in and run airlift on that 24/7

That's why I decided to not use the e-shops overflow. That's U tube thing did not look promising. Got reef octopus overflow box knockoff and any bubbles that do developed are removed by airlift pump. If I had to use the e-shops I would drill the apex on that u-tube, silicone one of those air hose connectors in and run airlift on that 24/7

Air lifter is a point of failure. What happens if the pump fails. Best to just match pump to overflow.

Absolutely nothing happens, siphon is not lost when the pump is off and overflow keeps going. Airlift is just there as another line of defence.

Wow. She doesn't know what she is talking about. That pump isn't even close. You probably have about 4' of vertical piping from return to tank. That pump won't break 200gph at that distance and you need to match 300gph on the overflow. Take the pump back and get the next size up. Then throttle it back some to match.

Agreed, Get the next larger pump. There wont be any need to throttle it back, it
will work fine

Unnecessary if pump is properly sized. Aqua lifter is another point of failure that you rely on but can fail and if pump is not properly sized you will still get air bubbles that will lead to breaking siphon.

Back
Top Bottom