etropicals.com sent me the wrong fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pittchic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone ever ordered from etropicals.com? It's the same doctors that own liveaquaria.com. We ordered 2 tank breed False Percula Clowns and they sent us 2 Royal Gramma basslets! How the heck could anyone get the two of these confused? So, now they are sending us the 2 clowns on Friday. These are the first fish we are adding to our tank since getting rid of 5 damsels on Saturday. Will adding 4 fish to a 7 week old tank within 4 days be too much bio load?

No, I haven't ordered from them, but by the sounds of it, they are letting you keep the 2 royal basslets for free without sending them back. The royals are pretty fish IMO. As for the bioload, It depends on how big your tank is. The basslets only get around 3 inches max, and the clowns get 4 inches max, so even if you have a 70 gallon or bigger tank, I'd say you'd be good to go just as long as you acclimate them correctly. HTH

Thanks for the info! We have an 80 gallon tank. Yes, the are letting us keep these fish for free and they are quite beautiful. It's a shame though because I'm worried that my husband may have to drop one of the fish on his wish list if we are keeping these guys!

It all depends on what your husband wants to add. They usually recommend ~ 1" of fish per 5 gallons for saltwater. If you have have an 80 gallon tank, that means you could be able to add another ~2 inches or so. What kind of fish was he wanting to add? the basslets and clowns are usually peaceful and well suited for a sw community tank.

Wonder if someone got a pair of clowns instead of basslets. I doubt they shipped you the basslets thinking they was clowns. More than likly put the shipping labels on the wrong box's after they where packaged.

You're probably right. I wonder why they would ship 2 basslets together when they can't live together? The person I talked to on the phone said that there is no way that I can keep these 2 fish together in the tank. They do not get along. I'm going to be giving one of them to my father in law tomorrow.

I wonder why they would ship 2 basslets together when they can't live together?
I have two royal grammas living together in harmony in my 72gal (its a long story). They actually live in the same cave. You may be okay...then again, maybe not.

As for the bioload. The tank was cycled with the 5 damsels so the bio filter was handling them so if no dieback of the beneficial bacteria occurs it should handle the new fish OK. Are you going to utilize a QT?

I don't know about about two Royal Grammas together, and I'm not sure how Lando did it. I usually tell people that's a big problem.

I've ordered from liveaquaria, and was somewhat happy. I ordered stuff, and asked for it to be shipped Tuesday. Well they shipped it Monday for some reason. I called to tell them I wouldn't be home until after about 6pm. They still gave me my warranty even though I wasn't home. Unfortunately most of the snails didn't make it, but they did give me a refund. They didn't give any hassle, and were very pleasant with the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom