evaperation or leaking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacheco

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have just set up a 120 tank which as been cycling for two weeks now. the is enclosed in the wall and a sump under it. I was wondering how much water should I expect to be evaperating.and could I cover the top of the tank to keep the evaperation down. the temp is set at 78-79f.

You can cover the top of the tank but it may cause a slight increase in temp which would be ok. That would help a little. One of the benefits of a topless tank is the gas exchange that takes place. But with a sump you should be getting enough exchange.

You can expect to do 3-10 gallons a week top off. That would be my guess. I can do about 5g a week top off on my 75g that has a total water volume of 120g including sump and fuge. :wink:

It may look like a slow leak, but unless the floor is wet, it is just evaporation. :)

Good quit worrying! That's what we are here for to ease the greif that is caused by the aqua addiction. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom