Even though I started this tank with 100% dry rock...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bribo12

Aquarium Advice Addict
Pretty cool that i started this tank with all dry base rock and about 8 months later I have caluerpa, tons of bristleworms, feather dusters, hundreds of pods and even bubble algae...IMG_0693.jpgIMG_0694.jpg

I know some came on frags but the caluerpa just started growing out of nowhere. Pretty cool that these things can just kinda stay dormant inside of rocks until the time is right.

Looks crazy! Acts crazy! It's just crazy!!! How purple is that rock without the blues On? Mine is approaching the 9 month mark and it's not getting the corraline going like yours??

Not at all lol. I barely have any coraline on the rocks. My clam has a bunch on the shell and a bunch on the powerhead and back glass but minimal on the rocks. Blue light just makes it loook super purple...

well the caluerpa prob hitched in on a frag as a tiny strand that could have been missed macro's are sneaky like that.
the worms I swear they come from no where they just appear Im lost on that one too .
duster could have hitched in on a frag too be my guess
my power heads are completely covered in coraline along with the return from sump
nothing on rocks my urchins made short work on that and every once in a while I get a small film on the front glass , the sump is a utopia of purple its every where.

It probably did but still cool that the tank can become so live even when fully started with dead rock and sand.

Back
Top Bottom