Ever "lose" a fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trackfast

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can't find my Firefish Goby. I saw him Tuesday but that was the last time. I tried moving the LR and checked the HOB filter. I have an open top tank but cover it with egg crate overnights. Is it possible that it died and any remains were eaten by the snails? Bones too?

Depending on what type of snails you have and any other CUC, he may have been consumed. The bones are so small that you probably wouldn't ever find them.

trackfast said:
I can't find my Firefish Goby. I saw him Tuesday but that was the last time. I tried moving the LR and checked the HOB filter. I have an open top tank but cover it with egg crate overnights. Is it possible that it died and any remains were eaten by the snails? Bones too?

Ive had it happen to multiple gobies... They die very easy and hermit crabs and snails can consume them in a few hours... Never had a goby do well for more than a few months then they stop eating and die... Just my experiences

I have had gobies and blennies just disappear, my predictions are they got eaten.

mine disappeared into the rocks when i first got him, then came out several days later battered and bruised, i swore he'd died, and i only have a 14G!

Back
Top Bottom