everyones opnion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lamaseta17

Aquarium Advice Regular
should i paint the back of my tank a light blue or should i leave no background and let the algae take over

Black makes it too dark in my opinion.. I like the blue background. Algae cover is not too appealing in my opinion either

Ewww algae!!! lol. Black I would like. One of my tanks has a blue background. It looks cool but I prefer the black.

I have had both and like the blue it gives it more depth IMHHO:)
You can use a temp background to see what you like better cause once it is painted its painted for all intese purpouses :)

Booooo Black! Yaaaaay Blue!!

Just kidding lamaseta; black will look great. Be very careful to let it dry completley and not scratch it. The backof my tank is painted blue and it has a chip in the paint. It would be VERY noticable but thank goodness it is low enough that the substrate covers it.

I think you and your fish will be super happy with the black.

Do they make aquarium wallpaper? If not, nobody steal that idea while I start a business.

well its done, black paint what do you think before and after.
NEXT STEP IS TO CHANGE THE CRUSHED CORAL TO SAND. IM WONDERING IF I SHOULD DO THAT ALL AT ONCE OR LITTLE BY LITTLE WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK.
photo.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 45
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 49
I really hope that you did not paint the back of the tank while it was full? I would be worried about the fumes from the paint getting into the water, and what kind of problemsthat would cause.

I put up a piece of foam board back there. You can cut it size, it's cheap, and you can change your mind. Painting the glass is a one-shot deal! I have a sky blue to work with the pink-beige substrate.

Back
Top Bottom