ewwwww

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was scubbing the sides of the sump, getting the brown algae off. I went over to the place I have the skimmer and when I passed the sponge cover I gave it a squeeze to get some of the gunk off of it and I was suddenly covered with ribbons of white stuff. I am looking at it now and it looks like silky hat ribbons, wide and long, just waving in the current.

Whatever it is, cannot be good....any ideas? The only thing in the sump as far as plantlife is some feather caulerpa. I leave the lights on in the sump 24/7.

IME, it doesn't matter whether it is a sump or a fuge, critters from the rock will make there way into the sump. I've never had a sponge in the sump that wasn't colonized by spaghetti worms :mrgreen: Can we get a pic of the stuff your referring to?

I personally have tons of small tubeworms on the sides and bottom of my sump. But whats in our sump is not the question...

:) Please hit us with photography.

well, it is gone today. this stuff was about 6-8 inches long and almost erm..snotlike.
sorry, that is gross, but it was the closest thing I could think of to describe it. Like a little kids runny nose.

Back
Top Bottom