Exact dimensions for 75g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JeffProe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all. I'm going to upgrade from my 55 to a 75g. That means I need to build a new stand and hood. So, a while back I took a trip to the LFS with my tape measure. It seems I measured it as being 48 1/8" x 18 1/8" but I can't find where I wrote it down. last time I was in there, they didn't have any in stock. Everything I find says they are 48x18, but I know when I measured it in the store it wasn't exactly 48x18. I have a feeling it was the plastic frame that was making the difference. Could someone out there with a 75 lay a tape to it let me know what it actually is?

Thanks,
Jeff

Give yourself the extra 1/8, a few people have built stands and had the tank not fit properly. Also, slight differences will happen from tank to tank depending who the manufacturer is, and when it was built.

From glass edge to glass edge mine is exact too. When I built my stand, I put a trim piece to cover the black edge so the opening had to be larger than that. That was probably your 1/8"

I measured a 75 gal tank the other day and I measured the following:

48.25" long
18.5 " wide
and about 22" tall.

I am going to make the stand I am building to about 48.75" long and 19" wide to ensure that the tank fits.

Hope that this helps.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. I'm thinking I'm going to build it at 48.5" and 18.5". I do want to have wood trim cover up the plastic trim. I guess my safest bet would be to go back to my LFS when they have the tank in stock and measure it again and not lose the measurements! :oops: Again, thanks for the responses... I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom