Excited friend is going to build me IN Tank Refguim.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drewbie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hang on Refguim for my tank Going to do it in tank refugium running top to bottoms one in each corner and covered by my live rock

This will allow me to get in the macros I want and it help with some dead spots in the corners behind my rocks.

The design is simple enough with a underwater pump pushing water into the bottom of the box and coming up top to spill back into the tank. I seen it working as a filter in his DIY tank he built and its nice and super quite. Only difference is I will use macro vs the filter material.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Before you ask no external is not a option due to wife's fear of outside plumping.

Good idea using macro algea. What kind are you going to use and will you be able to get light to it?

I will be using cheto and the container will be glass so the tank light should be enough I think?

Rock rubble instead of filter media wouldnt' hurt either if it can.

What kinda tank light and how is it situated? There'll only be 10 hrs of light at the most on it.

its not going to have filter material, I will be using just cheto,

The tank light is 8 x 54w T5 = tank is 75 G

light is directly above the tank and yes its on for about 10 hours give or take 15 mins

8x54W T5s on a 75 is bright :) I thought my 90G with 6x54W T5 was bright. How do you fit them over the tank. If I put the 8x54 Tek light on my 90G it would cover the top from edge to edge and I wouldn't be able to feed easily. The 8x54 would fit better on a 120G, which is just a bit deeper than the 90.

I hope your lights are more closely packed than mine. No sense wasting money and light on the floor around the tank.

it fights fine over top and yea its alot of light but was not much more money then the 6 x 54watts

TBH sometimes I wish I had just gotten the 6 at it feels like to much light sometimes. (Algae on the glass grows fast with out daily wipe downs.)

Back
Top Bottom