Expert review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pmedley2070

Aquarium Advice Apprentice

This is what I have so far after spending about a year and a half reading and asking questions then making the committment a little at a time.
75 gallon tank
two Pro 4 submersible power heads
one 48 inch 110 watt compact floresent with two bulbs
200 lbs of play sand (the correct type I hope)
I plan on a FOWLR
The next purchase will be a protein skimmer, then the base rock then live rock about 20 lbs at a time.

Is this a good start or have I wandered off the path someplace?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Pete

Looks ok to me for a fowlr tank. as your stock your tank with fish make note of the amount of live rock and your tanks filtration capacity. With small amounts of rock you will have less filtration capacity so you should stock the tank very lightly until you can build up your rock to support a higher fish load.

I am putting together a 75 gallon. I would save your money and buy all of your liverock at once. if you dont then you are going to have a whole bunch of mini cycles. what is you total circulation gonna be

look into www.hirocks.com for baserock, i got 30 lbs for 48 shipped, thats less then two bucks a pound. I think you should go with 60lbs of base, then go and oreder your liverock from www.liverocks.com, maybe 20lbs of that and you should be good. HTH.

I agree with fish guy...Get all rock at once if possible. When I did I had a very short cycle time.

Back
Top Bottom