Explosion of life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
Was looking in my sump today and ive always had a ton of amphipod. But I noticed 2 strange things. I saw live little shrimp that looked like mysids and also clear flatworms. Where could these have come from? I haven't seen them in 1.5 years of having the tank. Are clear flatworms bad? Are mysids beneficial?

crister13 said:
Was looking in my sump today and ive always had a ton of amphipod. But I noticed 2 strange things. I saw live little shrimp that looked like mysids and also clear flatworms. Where could these have come from? I haven't seen them in 1.5 years of having the tank. Are clear flatworms bad? Are mysids beneficial?

Asked the same question last week. The consensus seemed to be that clear flatworms are ok, provided they don't get to high a population. And the mysids are probably copepods, and if they are mysids...you scored...free fish food. I would guess you got some hitchhikers on some chaeto or something similar.

Def not Copepods. They look like little shrimp. They have the longish tail on a shrimp body with two of those black shrimp eyes lol. And thanks for the good news about the flatworms........ Phew

Your shrimp description sounds a little like this. If so, it's an amphipod. If not, not sure...

amphipod.jpg

Back
Top Bottom