Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-05-2004, 03:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
External Power Filters

I find my self considering (even after potential nitrate problems) getting some sort of external Power Filter. currantly I run a Millenium 3000 HOB Filter, which I find to not be very flexable when it comes to choosing what media I wish to run in it. Secondly, I am going to Build a canopy for my Tank and the canopy and the big bulky filter hanging off the back just doesn't fit into my design.

My tank is a 50 Gallon 36x18x18 inches
140 LBS LS
117 LBS LR
inverts currantly with expectations of keeping mostly softys and a few fish (small)

I have a aqua-c Remora 18" tall
No Sump

I think I have enough LR and LS to handle the Nitrates (0 last i tested) and I wish to also employ some chemical filtration such as Chem-pure, and Phos-Zorb. and I am thinking of one of the following or ones like them that i have not listed.

Cascade Canaster by Penn-Plax

Eheim Wet/Dry Systems

Fluval Multistage Filters

Filstar Canister Filters

Any and all suggestions would be welcome.

Tim Wagner.
Join our newest site http://myreeftanks.net/forum/index.php

other great sites. www.aquariumadvice.com and www.coralclub.org

ReefRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 03:18 PM   #2
I'd go Fluval 404 canister. I think they're great. The Eheim's aren't bad either. IMO.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:31 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via AIM to Shandoni Send a message via MSN to Shandoni Send a message via Yahoo to Shandoni
Ive seen and heard of so may different types of filters, but to my knowledge and opinion Id go Fluval
Star Decker
Shandoni is offline   Reply With Quote

external, filter, filters

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com