F%$&$& Anemone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
My buddy gave me this white anemone, and asked me to keep it for him while he moved. It was only for a couple weeks.

I have added no coral to my tank, but one of the peice of LR I bought had some encrusting gorg on it, looks like green star polyps...

Anyway the damn anemone crawled from its spot it had been in on its rock for 2 weeks, up onto the rock with the gorgs on it......it killed half of them, I think.....they are closed tighter than I have ever seen, and now they appear to be deteriorating.....some other parts of it are still opening, as they havent been stung.....I put the anemone in my fuge :evil: .....he is doing good....lucky I didnt take him to the LFS at once, but he doesnt belong to me.

I was asking for this, I know, but I had to do the favor for my buddy, he kept my pather grouper for me before for like 6 months.

Will they come back, or are they dead and should I scrape it off the rock so it doesnt cause a spike?

I will never have another anemone in a reef tank.

Can't say whether there'll be a spike, not knowing how much might have died and how much water volume we talkin'. I'd watch the ammonia for the next 2 or 3 days and see.

I just have to say one thing. You made a commitment to a friend to care for the anemone. He had already done you a pretty big favor from the sound of it. Putting the anemone in the sump is not caring for it in a good manner and I think that is kind of wrong.

Hara said:
I just have to say one thing. You made a commitment to a friend to care for the anemone. He had already done you a pretty big favor from the sound of it. Putting the anemone in the sump is not caring for it in a good manner and I think that is kind of wrong.

The fuge is a 5 gal glass aquarium with mangroves, LR and LS...he is doing fine :wink: .....nothing he can hurt in there either.

The main is a 10 gal.

wow to keep that in a 10 gallon must be hard. I mean even a small movment and that hting could be half way across the tank.

I am supprised with such a small tnak your buddy asked you to keep that for him.

I wish you luck and hope that your coral comes out ok.

SeeDemTails

You can update your "my info" to let us know your equip/critters/tank size and such.

How big is the Anemone?

I do agree with Hara, just hang in there and roll with the input from others, the anemone is just doing what instincts dictate.

I would keep an eye on everything. You are only working with 15 gallons of water, so it won't take much to toss everything out of wack..... I might be mixing some saltwater about now for a water change, soon.

Back
Top Bottom