fake anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindsikins00

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is not really a question but kinda a comment. You know those really fake anemones that came out about 4-5 months ago (well at least that is when i noticed them) they were stiff plastic material and looked really fake? and also pink (they were too expensive too) n e ways I was thinking when I started my first salty tank 7 months ago that they should make fake anemones look better. Well they have!! Anyone seen the new ones by SeaGarden? they are almost like rubberbands, and they also have carpet anemones. Since I know I do not have enough light yet for the real thing, i would hate to kill such a cool critter. These are the next best thing if you ask me. They move around in the PH too. So dont feel bummed if you don't have enough light or your tank is to new for an anemone.....you can still let your clown feel at home....although I think my clown is onto me. hehe check them out.

No gaurentees, so theres no way to answer such a question with out trying it.

Ive seen a few of these in person and they don't look so hot. I doubt that they would move much if at all in a powerhead. (especially the short ones.)

but heck, its probibly worth getting one to try out!

Saw some at petsmart last week, not sure if they're the same brand or not. They were very flexible and would at least sway with the current. The colors were hideous tho' way too bright. All of them were flourescent greens, hot pinks... none that were natural colored. They cost from 10 to 20 and ranged in size.

Well I thought they looked pretty good.....I'm just talking about the anemone one though. Not the fake corals. I work at Petsmart and havn't even seen those in my store. We have those really tacky ones tho....they just make me laugh. N e ways.....I have mine behind my PH and it still moves. My clown doesn't live in it tho.
Here is a link to the one I have, there is clear plastic at the base of the tentacles holding them up for display, you cut that off before you put them in the tank.
http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=29871;category_id=2259;pcid1=;pcid2=

btw, my sabae clown has started feeding the anemone with the frozen food i give my fish. He also juts(sp?) in and out too. He doesn't really stay in there tho. It is really cool because he seems so happy now. :)

Back
Top Bottom