Falco hawkfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can i get a falco hawkfish in my 20 long? Heres my stock:
Pair of ocellaris clowns 3"
Yellow watchman goby/pistol shrimp pair. Goby-3" pistol shrimp 2"

And my inverts are:
1 cleaner shrimp
1 emerald crab
7 dwarf zebra hermits
1 mexican red leg hermit
2 margarita snails
1 banded trochus snail
1 nassarius snail

Thanks.

LA says they eat invertebrates but i cant anyone online thats had them do it, has anyone ever had one? Can you tell me a bit about them?

Can be very aggressive and eat inverts and small fish!

I have a falco hawkfish and he has been a model citizen. he never ate any shrimp or messed with my fish, even my mandarin was fine with him. he was in a 29g biocube with about 5 other fish and is now living large in my 180g.

I have a falco hawkfish and he has been a model citizen. he never ate any shrimp or messed with my fish, even my mandarin was fine with him. he was in a 29g biocube with about 5 other fish and is now living large in my 180g.

Would he be ok in my 20g?

I think so. Like most other hawkfish he perches most of the time, unless its feeding time then he's swimming right up front and center. lol Hawks are one of the best fish in my experience and opinion, such character for such a small creature. lol

I would keep an eye on it. Hawkfish by nature are predators and will actively feed on invertebrates. Like any other species each fish is unique. Some will be model citizens while others will eagerly consume small invertebrate tank mates so it's a risk you'll need to take.

I would keep an eye on it. Hawkfish by nature are predators and will actively feed on invertebrates. Like any other species each fish is unique. Some will be model citizens while others will eagerly consume small invertebrate tank mates so it's a risk you'll need to take.

Have you ever had one?

I've never kept one but I was just saying that it pays to watch your invertebrates when you add a potential predator. I'm not doubting that hawkfish can't live with invertebrates.

I've never kept one but I was just saying that it pays to watch your invertebrates when you add a potential predator. I'm not doubting that hawkfish can't live with invertebrates.

Oh ok, im just trying to find some more people who have had luck with them.

I read a testimonial from liveaquaria about a falco hawkfish that attacked a goby. I believe that if you have lots of rock work, a hawkfish could be added to your tank with caution.

I read a testimonial from liveaquaria about a falco hawkfish that attacked a goby. I believe that if you have lots of rock work, a hawkfish could be added to your tank with caution.

35lbs of rock, but i dont wanna take the chance. Thanks for the advice guys!

Back
Top Bottom