False Percs aggressive towards Dwarf Angels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biggen

Aquarium Advice Addict
Lately, my two false Percs have been aggressive towards my Coral Beauty. Any time either clown see the Angel coming near them, they immediately nip at it and chase it away. This has never happened in the past (had them all for over 6 months) and only started about 3 weeks ago. They are not aggressive like this towards my yellow tail Damsel and Royal Gramma.

Any reason behind this behavior? Could they be mating and for whatever reason, not like that the Angel is here?

If it continues I am going to have to trade in my favorite fish. Its tail is continually ragged now because of the constant nipping and fighting...

Sometimes fish will show aggression towards fish because they have the same color. I had a neon dottyback get aggressive towards a flame angel before. It only took a couple of butt whuppins from the angel to make ol neon realize it was a dumb idea.

Sometimes fish will show aggression towards fish because they have the same color. I had a neon dottyback get aggressive towards a flame angel before. It only took a couple of butt whuppins from the angel to make ol neon realize it was a dumb idea.

This is the exact behavior my gramma shows toward my yellow tail damsel. They are always sparring. But my clowns don't look anything like the coral beauty...

Sounds like a mating behavior or territorial issue.

I thought it was territorial as well, but anytime either clown see the angel anywhere in the tank, they chase it away. Perhaps the clowns think the whole tank is their territory...

I am wondering if it is them mating and are a little on edge. Like I said, this is new.

Well I went ahead and decided to take him out and put him in my QT tank so that I can heal his fins up. I guess I am going to have to trade him in for something else as I don't want to risk the same injuries over again.

:(

Really stinks as this was my favorite fish in the whole tank. I guess I will go research DSB safe bleenys and gobys.

Back
Top Bottom