Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-30-2004, 03:25 AM   #1

Fan Worms good or bad?

I was looking at a piece of my live rock and i noticed something unusual that i didnt see before in my tank and I came to the conclusion that it was a fan worm and i was wondering if these are good or bad to keep in a salt water reef tank
Old 12-30-2004, 08:44 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to hisc1ay Send a message via Yahoo to hisc1ay
Those are good, and kind of fun to watch.

Did you get lucky and get colored ones, or are you like me and only have white ones?

-j

Old 12-30-2004, 05:49 PM   #3

thanks for the reply but they are kind of like black brown and like gray
Old 12-30-2004, 05:52 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
featherdusters rock! I have several in my tank and I love them. (to bad they are all on the back of the rocks. oh well....)
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 06:07 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

I also got fiji LR. Do you think the feather dusters will eventually grow on my LR too? My LFS sales them for $15 each. Don't feel like paying for them if i can get them for free.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:10 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
if they aren't on there now, they wont be on their later. your gonna need to buy them. sorry.

good news is the kind your purchase are generallly much larger than what comes on LR.

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
worms

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com