Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-08-2005, 11:39 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Bang Guy
If it's truly only 5 weeks old then I believe it's an Ocellaris. Percs don't grow that fast. Or, perhaps someone has a secret for growing them out faster.

Old 01-08-2005, 12:16 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm going with Ocellaris as well. As far as clown/anenomes pairing hosting goes...you just never know. Even with wild caught clowns it is not 100%. Some do, some don't. I do not think it is as much of an "instint" thing as it is a "received threat" threat thing. In the wild clowns use anenomes for protection. In an aquarium, most threats are just not present so the clown feel no need to seek refuge in the anenome. I think the instint will alway be there. My clowns go into my anenome, torch coral, hammer coral, hairy mushrooms, and toadstool. they are very funny fish.

Old 01-08-2005, 07:39 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan G.
i hear the tank raised dont really grow accustom to an anemone when added cuz it isnt in their instinct anymore. is this true?
oops! i quoted the wrong thing! i meant to quote "did you get them at the reef shop"
:P

that's where i got them! isn't that place amazing!?!?!?! i've never seen any fish store that even compared to the The Reef Shoppe. the tanks are spotless and everythings so perfect! he makes it look so easy!

bang guy,
the picture is zoomed in. they're only about a half inch big.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:37 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
the picture is zoomed in. they're only about a half inch big
They are tiny little guys. The bigger one I have is about an inch the smaller one is about 3/4. They are pretty funny to watch just bob around on top of the PVC pipes it there QT.

I'm from Syracuse and the only 2 LFS stores I normally go to are Fairmount Aquarium and The Reef Zone. Both are nice but just rows of tanks on metal stands. I heard great things about the Rochester area LFS and was blown away by both The Reef Shope and Caribian Forest. Both stores are simply stunning. Plus the Reef Shope had a little dog running around, he was alot more personable then the cat at my normal LFS.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:40 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

i know the dog is adorable! i just found THe Reefe shoppe the other day! i haven't found the caribian forest, i'll have to look into that! thanks!
Old 01-09-2005, 02:56 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quick Question.

I've been feeding them so theres just a couple of extra flakes. However it seems that within a few hours they are hungry again. I'll throw another pinch in and they'll gobble it up/

Because of there small size should I be feeding them multiple times a day or will once suffice?
Old 01-09-2005, 03:39 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Ayesha97 Send a message via Yahoo to Ayesha97
Not sure on how often to feed, but can tell you that my clown ALWAYS acts hungry! Don't let them fool ya too much!
Old 01-09-2005, 04:33 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

i feed mine 2 or three times a day, just smaller portions more often instead of just one big feeding. they seem to like it better this way.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:36 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Bang Guy
I feed my juvenile fry 3 or 4 times a day. Once they're over 1.5" it doesn't matter much even once every other day will do. If you're looking for breeding condition continue the 3 or 4 times a day indefinately.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:28 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com