Fathead Dendro question/help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gvillboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Dendro is always out like this no matter how much I feed it. Lol My thing is it will not grow. What will help it grow and spread? What should I feed it?

Sent from my LG-D950 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1409176586714.jpg
    1409176586714.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 177
They use calcium, alk, mag, potassium...to build their skeletons, just as any other coral does. Feeding won't guarantee growth if your parameters aren't ideal.

Thanks Mr. X My Cal is 460 kh is 11 and ph is 7.8 Everything in my tanks grows and spreads. I just can't figure out how to get it to even grow let alone grow new polyps. Should I feed it more than once a week? Or is there anything I can feed to help promote growth?

I just got one of these about 2 weeks ago. I'm feeding it every other day as they're non photo. Your params are fine but I'd feed it more

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I feed it small pellets. What are you feeding yours

They are not non photosynthetic, and will benefit from low light. Are you sure of those parameters Gvillboy? That DKH sounds a bit high to have such high calcium. If you are using the API reef master test kit I would second guess it. They have been known to be inaccurate. Salifert makes decent test kits. I would at least use their calcium kit.

They are not non photosynthetic, and will benefit from low light. Are you sure of those parameters Gvillboy? That DKH sounds a bit high to have such high calcium. If you are using the API reef master test kit I would second guess it. They have been known to be inaccurate. Salifert makes decent test kits. I would at least use their calcium kit.

Yea I know, but the kit I have is fairly new! I'll look online to find a test by that brand and see what happens. My cal and dkh stay that high for some reason and my ph has always been that low with new and old kits. I have 5.0 nitrates but I got rid of those today when I did my weekly water change!

Right, but if your calcium is in the mid 300's which is about what I suspect, growth will be a bit slower for stony corals.
If I keep my calcium in the low 400's, my alk is usually around 7-8.

Ok thanks what I'll do is get another test Mr. X I don't know if that's my problem though cause I have branching hammers, a torch corals, monticaps and other stony corals that grow with no problem.

I assure you corals grow faster with optimum levels. I'm just saying that you could double check the test kits with better ones, and adjust if need be. Some corals do grow faster than others. I don't know if you have a problem at all really. ;)

I'm with mr. X and that they may just be slow growers...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't think I have a problem either just wanted to know if there was something I could feed it to help it grow.

Yea I started feeding mysis shrimp Mr. X and he looked really good a few days later. So I'll stick with that instead of the pellets I use.

Back
Top Bottom