Fav Reef Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TropicalDude23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Wanted to start a thread on what everyone's favorite reef fish was, with picture if you'd like... mine is

image-3144379760.jpg

That's a beautiful puffer. My fav. fish is a leopard wrasse. Especially the Potter's or Kuiter's. I have a normal leopard wrasse and she's my favorite addition :)

That's a beautiful puffer. My fav. fish is a leopard wrasse. Especially the Potter's or Kuiter's. I have a normal leopard wrasse and she's my favorite addition :)

the male or female though? 2 totally different color ways :)? And I also love. a royal gramma basslet! Bright colors and a funny/timid fish!

I have 2 favorites in my tank. My indigo dottyback is beautiful. It is quite active as well, fastest fish into tank.

Then there is my marine betta. It is very small and hard to find. Put that in with it being shy you don't see it very often. But when you do it is amazing. A beautiful fish, but barely considered reef safe with its taste for inverts. Once it gets bigger the cleaner shrimp I have won't be very happy.

I have 2 favorites in my tank. My indigo dottyback is beautiful. It is quite active as well, fastest fish into tank.

Then there is my marine betta. It is very small and hard to find. Put that in with it being shy you don't see it very often. But when you do it is amazing. A beautiful fish, but barely considered reef safe with its taste for inverts. Once it gets bigger the cleaner shrimp I have won't be very happy.

I love the dottyback as well! I just added 2 turbo snails, 1 nassarius, and 10 hermit crabs to my new 40 gallon reef tank! My water numbers were 0's across the board!!!!! Super Stocked!!!!! Fish next week :) what to get firs,t what to get!

what kind of puffer is this and is it invert safe (clams, snails, shrimp, and stars)?

I was mistaken, it is a "Blue Boxfish" and it is not invert safe unfortunately. That coloring is the male, the female is Black with white dots!

the male or female though? 2 totally different color ways :)? And I also love. a royal gramma basslet! Bright colors and a funny/timid fish!

I have the female, but would love to get a pair someday in a larger tank since I prefer the male's colors.

I feel like the gobies are really awesome too!!!!! The hide and seek guys lol

There's a male blue box fish at Aquarium Care Center in Ocean, NJ. I had never seen one and it was beautiful!!! And pretty big too.

I was swimming here in Hawaii and I came across a large blue boxfish. I was so tempted to take it home.

Back
Top Bottom