Favorite Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The White Cheek Tang, also known as the Gold Rim Tang (Acanthurus glaucopareius, Acanthurus nigricans) {The fish on Left}. I love the Long Nose Butterfly (Forcipiger flavissimus) as well but more common[ on right]

47b2d731b3127cce90069d27c6cf0000001410

This is a newer fish i aquired a few months ago. I would have to say that this is a beauty. I guess it would be right up there as one of my favorites, because i have only seen this fish one time in a store or in some ones tank. And it's the one I bought. just not on everyones buy list i guess.

Alf said:
The White Cheek Tang, also known as the Gold Rim Tang (Acanthurus glaucopareius, Acanthurus nigricans) {The fish on Left}. I love the Long Nose Butterfly (Forcipiger flavissimus) as well but more common[ on right]

The Gold Rim Tang is beautiful! I don't know if I have ever seen one in a store. Will have to keep an eye open.
BTW, your pic is great...very sharp & clear.

hmmm, My favorite fish is probably the Sohal tang, the Achilles tang, the Flame hawkfish or the falco hawkfish. There kinda like lays potatochips you can't stop with just one :lol:
Why you ask, I really don't know :oops:

reefrunner69 said:
Why you ask, I really don't know :oops:

I thought some of us :n00b: could learn from you with more experience about fish we would like to acquire.

One good thing here...you don't have to answer if you don't want to. :twisted:

Bett

My favorite fish is my Springeri (Pseudochormis). He has beautiful markings, he's all black with this bright blue stripe down the front of each side of his head top and bottom. I love to watch him in my tank, the way he is always hunting for worms and stuff. You'll be watching the tank and out of nowhere he just pops up and then will disappear as fast as he pops up.
If you check out the pics of my 30 gal reef you'll see him in the picture of the featherduster.

The only problem with the flame hawk is they'll eat your cleaner shrimp. A friend of mine had one and added two cleaner shrimp to his tank and the flame hawk thought he was feeding him and ate them

Without a doubt my favorite fish is the mandarin fish! It is such a beautiful fish and I call it the "hummingbird" of the reef. You need a large well established reef tank or a refugium to supply bugs to keep this fish from starving. JMO Johnny:)

Saw this old topic on a search for Sohal tangs.. but thought I'd chime in that I LOVE my Volitans lion.. If I could have one, I would love a Mandarinfish.. but I accept the limitations of a my tank :)

Well, my all-time favourite fish is a saltwater anyway and that is the CowFish. They are so beautiful and their little faces are such a picture !

The banded shark, I know its kind of a boring fish but I just love it. Also powder blue tangs and any kind of eels.

Ours for right now are the scooter blenny, we have 2 of them, we believe one is female due to the smaller top fin. The male loves to show his off around her. They have cute little fins on the side that are almost transparent and they move them real fast when trying to get up the side of the glass to get a copepod, we love the fact they like the brineshrimp also which helps. But we just have fun watching them move throughout the tank, they kind of remind me of hornytoad lizards, they are fun!

I know some will consider it boring, but I love clownfish. Maybe it was all my tropical snorkeling before getting into this hobby :D

Montanarocknreefer said:
I call it the "hummingbird"

lol, I thought I was the only one that did that =) I call mine Watto sometimes, like the dood from Star Wars cuz of his little wings...

Anywho, favorite fish... Hasta be the Maroon Clown! Agressive, posessive, downright NASTY when he wants to be, but a real sweetie when ya get to know him... I can pet mine, hand feed him, IMHO its the perfect fish for a reef... And the color, OMG I love the color on that fish...

Here is my gold stripe Maroon clownfish, named Ruffles =)

Back
Top Bottom