Favorite Personality Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cincotta82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all,

I was wondering everyone's opinion on which marine fish shows the most personality or most fun to watch/interact with.

All replies are appreciated in advance!

Pearly jawfish are fun to watch. They look like prairie dogs as they stick their heads out of their burrowed holes.

AndyH5512 said:
Pearly jawfish are fun to watch. They look like prairie dogs as they stick their heads out of their burrowed holes.

I like mine too, until it decides to build a new hole under a rock that is letting the new frags get used to my lights on the bottom of the tank.

other then that, I like my clowns and skunk cleaners...

I think that Lenny the Bicolor Blenny is my favorite at the moment. He just loves to roam around and perch and check things out. He'll come right up to the front of the tank and say hi to me at anytime, with those cool eyelashes sticking out!

He also is kinda stubborn in a good way. When I introduced my flame angel, the flame tried to direct him with his side fins, but he'd have none of it. He'd just slide underneath him and continue in his own direction.

Such a joy to watch! :silly:

Tommy Two-Tone , my bi-color blenny. What a character ! Always up to something.

I really enjoy our skunk cleaner. He is such a beggar! He also walks upside down on the water (he is upside down walking along the water) when it is feeding time and will hop on our hands when we are target feeding corals. He has yet to do his "job" of cleaning any of the fish in the tank! He is a real character.

I do not actually have marine tank but do spend alot of time gazing into the ones at my lfs thinking "I wish I had one". From the store the fish with the most personallity for me was a Trigger.

I've always liked blennys too. Have had bi-color, canary, and midas blennys. All were quirky and fun with seemingly engaging personalities. The bicolor and midas had rock perches to sit and watch the tank. The canary (a fang blenny by the way) would swim out front and kinda freeze in one spot and check things out. All cool fish.

Back
Top Bottom