Favorite reef fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psychocircus91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys,
Just curious what your favorite fish is? Based on any criteria. Overall appearance, color, behavior.
Pictures if you have one!

either a juvenile japanese pygmy angel,
japanese-pygmy-angelfish-1.jpg

any flasher wrasse
tumblr_lzzxt16FdK1rprj1yo1_500.jpg

frogfish
66260521.WtpiuM75.dive110506191x30k.jpg

or the pinnatus batfish
IB2-015%20%20juvenile%20Pinnate%20batfish,%20Platax%20pinnatus.jpg

*edit* sorry, just realized you said "reef fish" meaning reef safe, mine choices are not all reef safe!

either a juvenile japanese pygmy angel,
japanese-pygmy-angelfish-1.jpg

any flasher wrasse
tumblr_lzzxt16FdK1rprj1yo1_500.jpg

frogfish
66260521.WtpiuM75.dive110506191x30k.jpg

or the pinnatus batfish
IB2-015%20%20juvenile%20Pinnate%20batfish,%20Platax%20pinnatus.jpg

*edit* sorry, just realized you said "reef fish" meaning reef safe, mine choices are not all reef safe!

wow goregeous fish and photos. Thats okay about them not being reef safe! gotta say I would love a batfish one day.

Ahh, don't let it stop you. If you have a "dream" fish and the means, come up with a plan and give it a shot.

I like to try something for myself in the hobby instead of admiring from afar and listening to the ney sayers. For the longest time, I thought a Majestic Angel would be too difficult--going back to the early nineties. It was "That" fish for me. I tried one and realized they're easy and I'm glad I did. I have always had one in my tanks over the past 20 years.

Ahh, don't let it stop you. If you have a "dream" fish and the means, come up with a plan and give it a shot.

I like to try something for myself in the hobby instead of admiring from afar and listening to the ney sayers. For the longest time, I thought a Majestic Angel would be too difficult--going back to the early nineties. It was "That" fish for me. I tried one and realized they're easy and I'm glad I did. I have always had one in my tanks over the past 20 years.

Wow twenty years! Hearing that makes it easier to be patient for those fish on my "fish list" when space is more abundant!

Hey, I just realized. You're a fellow Marylander. If you're ever looking for great spots to shop for fish, let me know. I know the good ones off the beaten path ;-)

Hey, I just realized. You're a fellow Marylander. If you're ever looking for great spots to shop for fish, let me know. I know the good ones off the beaten path ;-)

Definitely! The only true fish stores I've been to are CTE aquatics which opened up in Timmonium not too long ago and That Fish Place in lancaster

I love Phil at CTE. Good dude. I get most of my fish there. But what you might not know of is.............drum roll please

Roozen's Nursery
roozenhome

German dude that has an incredible set up in the back of the nursery where he sells the most amazing saltwater fish and corals. Worth the drive. About 45 minutes. Saltwater stuff only here.

Also, check out these people if you're into corals or need live rock
Maryland Corals for Sale | Saltwater Fish | Inverts | Reef | Clams
On the Eastern Shore but WELL WORTH THE DRIVE. Incredible set up.

Both these places sell to the public, but really are geared up for wholesale. I got a one inch Majestic Angel (pre color change) from Roozens for 50 bucks........extremely hard to find that size. Their stuff is direct import from family on the either side of the ocean. No middlemen and very clean.

I love Phil at CTE. Good dude. I get most of my fish there. But what you might not know of is.............drum roll please

Roozen's Nursery
roozenhome

German dude that has an incredible set up in the back of the nursery where he sells the most amazing saltwater fish and corals. Worth the drive. About 45 minutes. Saltwater stuff only here.

Also, check out these people if you're into corals or need live rock
Maryland Corals for Sale | Saltwater Fish | Inverts | Reef | Clams
On the Eastern Shore but WELL WORTH THE DRIVE. Incredible set up.

Both these places sell to the public, but really are geared up for wholesale. I got a one inch Majestic Angel (pre color change) from Roozens for 50 bucks........extremely hard to find that size. Their stuff is direct import from family on the either side of the ocean. No middlemen and very clean.

awesome thanks!

Back
Top Bottom