Feather duster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In My Opinion... IMO

I never really fed mine. I used a mush of frozen vegatable (Formula two I think), meat (formula one?), brine, mysis shrimps, with Garlic Guard, and vitamin. I think that food consistency put finer stuff in the tank water so the dusters ate.

oh k.. i think ill pick one up soon..... THAKNS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP!!!

IMO = In My Opinion

I fed my Xenia, marine snow during the first mnth and then only once a week. That little sucker started out as four "branches " then and now is up to 10. I now dose the snow once every two weeks. Usually the day before a pwc is done so I dont knock the tank outta whack.

Last edited:
i thought xenia were bad like ther a weed or something.... thats what my lfs sed that they spread to fast and can take over your tank quickly...

It's really a personal opinion. They aren't bad as in being a pest, but can grow quickly. I have heard of folks stating their LFS won't take them as a trade because of this. I like the pulsating ones, but probably won't ever have them.

oh so there not bad for the tank just peple have different opinions about them...... yeah the ones i saw at the lfs didnt look very attractive at all

Yep different opinions. Once you see the pulsating ones you will want them! LOL! I always do, but I guess I'm more mature in my old age! I have the same reaction when I see an electric flame scallop. I know they have a dismal survival rate in our tanks so I have to leave them be......sigh...

ha ha.... wait do you or have you had any feather dusters?

Only the hitch hiker types. I had a copperbanded butterfly that munched them all, but some are growing back.

Back
Top Bottom