Feather Duster.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bckane

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok for the past 2 days my feather duster is coming out of the tube, its 3/4 way out now if I touch the feather it goes back in the tube. Is it going to die.??? Whats seem to be wrong all water test check out, tank has been up for 2 months, Ive had the feather duster for about a month now, Should I take the duster out or just wait to see what happens.?
[center:5d608dbf2f]
DSC01388.JPG
[/center:5d608dbf2f]

Leave it alone. It's unhappy with its placement and is looking for greener pastures. Once it finds a spot it likes it will build a new tube.

well it came completely out of its tube and resting on the sand bed, the feathers are still full, and open. will it make a new tube.? should I just leave it floating around on the sand band.?
TIA
bckane

Yes i would say leave it alone.. it will secrete more mucus and will create a new tube out of your sand... this will be its new home.. if youre unhappy with where he ends up after creating his new home, u can then move it when u think he's all covered up in his new tube. After all, some books i've read discourages u to purchase tube worms when they are not completely covered.

Back
Top Bottom