Feather Duster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joemama16341

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Live rock will be here tomorrow so I got fully cured stuff from a friend and I will be putting it directly into my tank. I am going to have to move my feather duster in order to do my aquascapping. Is there any special way I need to do this so I don't hurt him? He has bedded himself into my deep sandbed. Also do I just leave my fish in the tank while I do this or should I put them into another tank while I do the job?

I agree. I would move him and just be careful when place the rock where you fish are concerned.

I gotta tell ya, I've been told over and over again that feather dusters are very fragile and should be handled with care. Not true!!!
I was moving a piece of rock the other day when I noticed a tugging, I stopped and looked behind it and the tail of the feather duster was pinned under it. This feather dusters tube is about 6 inches long and the feather spread is about 5 inches wide, so its a nice size one. Anyway, I thought that the rock was only sitting on it, so I lifted and it cam out easy. I looked at the rock and the whole tube was there, hanging. Ilooked in the tank and the feather duster was still there, without the tube, naked, really ugly. Within 2 days he had built a whole new tube and is doing fine. They bounce back very well.

Back
Top Bottom