feather duster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dorian965

Aquarium Advice Freak
i bought a feather duster about 2 weeks ago. i came home the other day and found that the tube apeared empty and i saw no "feathers". the worms tube was damdged and was too short for him to fully withdraw. i looked around and found the feathers still all together but no worm.they were conected to something that looked like an o-ring but clear.i got it out and threw it away and asumed that the worm had been eaten by my crabs that would not leave him alone.

i pulled the tube loose and saw the worm kind of scueezed in between two rocks. i can see his head but his body is not red anymore and apears to be a lot shorter.

have any of you seen this happen before? im going to mess with him a little today to see if he will move. i dont know if he's dead or not.i just thought that it was strange and thought i would share. 8O

Just let him be for now. Sometimes they will rebuilt their tube. Keep an eye on him though, once he's obviously dead take him out.

yea but he has no feathers? has this happened to anyone?
he was rebuilding his tube. he had added about 1 1/2 inches before this.

Back
Top Bottom