Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilliams View Post
I scoped them out with a net do not know what they where going after but I had ton in one corner of the tank when I came home for lunch one day grabbed my net and scoped them out. But I would like something that will keep them at bay. And the 6-line wrasse I have heard of people having problems with them.
Six-liners can be aggressive. There are many different species of wrasse that will eat bristle worms. Some people have even had success with a harlequin tusk. I know there is even a type of wrasse that will go into the sand to eat the bristle worms (i can't remember the name sorry ; ; ). It is a give or take on wither or not the fish will eat bristle worm. I would suggest finding a wrasse you really enjoy and it won't out grow your tank and keep your fingers crossed -.^.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Best way to keep bristle worms under control is to not over feed the tank. Having a couple is a good thing because they clean up uneaten food before it rots but if you have a bunch you are over feeding your tank.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have a adult red coris wrasse that does quick work of them. I was expecting him to eat my snails but he doesn't got him trained haha
Old 03-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I just read up on them says they will become destructive and will eat invertebrates.. Really cool looking though I see them at the LFS and just pass them up because I thought they were not reef safe.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99 View Post
Best way to keep bristle worms under control is to not over feed the tank. Having a couple is a good thing because they clean up uneaten food before it rots but if you have a bunch you are over feeding your tank.
Good post.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

True I had been over feeding a while back but I have drastically cut back due to my Nitrates being high.

Tags
eat, feather duster

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com