Feather duster hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper92

Aquarium Advice Freak
Recently bought two feather dusters and placed them in my tank where flow isnt to high but they'll be sure to catch phyto when i put it in. However one of my feather dusters has been hiding for a few days and im wondering how i could coax it to come out? Thanks in advance.

It's probably just acclimating to its surroundings, and the new water chemistry. There's probably no way to really coax them from their tubes as feather dusters are extremely sensitive and they can feel the slightest disturbance in the water. That's why whenever you walk by the tank they retract quickly.

I would just give it a couple days, and if you don't see it come at all afterwards, it might be dead.

I plan to give it as much time as needed, unless of course it is dead. The other one is doing really well which is why im trying to get this one out. I'll just have to wait and see what happens. I hope its not dead though it had real pretty colors when it was out at first.

Phytoplankton, and i feed my fish frozen baby brine shrimp ( cant remember what they're called) which is small enough for them to eat.

Back
Top Bottom