Feather Duster on the move

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

easyian

Aquarium Advice Freak
After 6 months on the ground floor my feather duster got fed up with all the rip raff on the lower floors. He decided that the penthouse was the place to be(just like George and Weezy). He lived quite healthy for about 6 months on the bottom of my tank. When a couple of my hermit crabs started getting large enough to bother him they did. So I removed the crabs and I thought everything was normal. This evening(two weeks after removing the crabs) I was sitting in front of the tank and no crown on the feather duster. immediately I suspected my new Foxface but after a timely search I found him at the top corner of my tank about 1/2 an inch from the water line. How well do feather dusters do out of water? I'm concerned that when I do water changes he may die. If so how do I convince him to take up other residence?
Thanks
Ian

I don't know if it means anything, but I have a ton of feather dusters on my live rock that survived 18 hours out of the water. Although, some may not have made it that i don't know about.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom