Feather Duster Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pioneer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a couple of feather dusters that need moving, but they are firmly anchored to a rock. I don't want to pull them off for fear of damaging them, so what's the best way to move them.

Cheers

Pioneer

Im gonna give this thread a bump because I am not real sure, I am interested to see if anyone knows how to do this so I can learn too.

I have always gently torn them off the rock or whatever tey were attatched to. The key is to take your time and do as little damage to the tube as possible.

If you do...be very careful not to cut the worm inside the tube. That is why I have never tried it, one slip and a dead featherduster.

I have taken them off very slowly and placed them as much as I can on a rock or by one trying to keep with the same spot on the FD as close to the rock and it will repair itself in time... I had a Coral Beauty that went bolistic on a piece of Gulf Rock that was coverd in the small white FD's and I thought they were doomed and now they are creaping out from behind the rocks and out of crevices where they landed because of the current. They are now living quite well and all are even multiplying... Back to your story, I think you will be fine by taking your time and carefully pulling it off of the rock. It will repair what you damage lest you harm the worm...

Thanks folks, I have given one a gentle tug, and to say that it is firmly fixed to the rock would be an understatement. Anyway I will let everyone know how I get on.

One other suggestion that was made to me was to chip off the piece of rock that it was on and move the rock instead.

Pioneer

Back
Top Bottom