Feed Me??????????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdrake

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got a new setup, and I am anxious to set it up.

Do not have water in the tank yet because I am still trying to get the sump built and plumbed. I am going with a sand bed and live rock. I have already bought the rock and it had been cured by the LFS. The rock is now in a tub with water circulating in it and has been there since Sunday. Do I need to "feed" the rock until it goes into the tank??

I want to take it slow and make sure that I do everything right so I don't have to do it again. (1st time around was expensive.)

First off...Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
What type of LR is it? I do not think you need to feed it, but a few flakes of food will be okay, incase there are any hitch hkers. If there are sponges an corals on the rock you may want to light the bin and add some plankton.

Thanks for the response

I just wasnt sure if I needed to put something in the water in order to keep the bacteria on the rock alive until I can put the rock in the tank along with fish.

Back
Top Bottom