feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caige

Aquarium Advice Freak
Stupid question here..... I have 2 clowns I just purchased (first fish)... then I have a clean up crew (emerald crabs, nassarius snails, turbo snails & hermit crabs)...

However, every time I go to put food in the clowns tear it up... never any left over for the clean up crew... should I worry that they aren't getting any food?

I am usually feeding once a day....

Believe me the clean up crew has more then enough to eat. They don't just eat left over food....the fish have to process the food they eat and then well...um...the crabs and snails dispatch that....

Thanks all... nitrates have only been at 5 since I got the fish... is very low for my tank that averaged between 10-20 before that.

So should I be feeding my fish every day? The LFS said they would recommend I feed them a pinch TWICE EVERY day.

A pinch indicates flake food...? I would look at variety, get some frozen brine and mysis and soak them in zoe, selcon and garlic guard for added health. I feed my fish every other day and sometimes even skip an extra day.

actually Roka - I haven't fed "flake" since you recommended me not to about a week ago. Right now been feeding "tetra, microcrabs cyclop-eeze granules"...

However, tomorrow I did plan on going to LFS and getting what you suggested above.

Back
Top Bottom