Feeding a Banggai Cardinalfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maridia

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all. Just wanted to see if anyone here has had any exp with a Banggai Cardinalfish. Has anyone had success feeding it NLS Marine sinking pellets? Or Omega One? Or is it absolutely crucial for me to feed him brine shrimp, etc. Did take a peek at liveaquaria.com, but wanted to see if anyone here has actually kept one. Thanks

I have two. They eat whatever I feed them but I never tried sinking pellets. Omega flake is what I feed when I am away through auto feeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have one and it refused to eat anything at first. After a few days I could tell it was getting lethargic from not eating.(no idea how long it had gone without food before I got it) I tried some live blackworms (the only live food I could get) and he went crazy for them.
After that feeding he was much more alert and started to show an interest in frozen foods. Now he eats frozen shrimp, Mysis/brine, but still refuses to eat any type of flake or pellets.
Same with my polka dot cardinal, neither will eat anything but frozen, meaty foods.

When I've had them before, I found that feeding them live foods for the first few feedings got them to eat and soon they would eat whatever I put into the tank. You may need to go that route too?

Hope this helps (y)

My experience has been like PB Smith. I have one Bengali and he only eats frozen mysis and similar frozen foods. I also have one pajama cardinal fish and he will eat pellets and flake food but seems to like the frozen mysis best.

Hi all. Just wanted to see if anyone here has had any exp with a Banggai Cardinalfish. Has anyone had success feeding it NLS Marine sinking pellets? Or Omega One? Or is it absolutely crucial for me to feed him brine shrimp, etc. Did take a peek at liveaquaria.com, but wanted to see if anyone here has actually kept one. Thanks

My friends cardinal will usually take NLS marine pellets along with most frozens. Not to picky in my experience but sounds like they can be.

Thanks everyone

I was surprised when I first got them. I had just lost my pj (who ate anything), and got a pair of longfins. They only eat mysiss. On the plus side, my other fish are happy to get more than pellets for a change.

Mine is behaving this way as well. He completely ignores omega one and nls. He only eats mysis so far. I'll try brine shrimp.

I have one and he loves brine shrimp haven't tried anything else only he doesn't like flake food!!

Back
Top Bottom