Feeding a Purple Firefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally got one yesterday! After months of searching and waiting.

now. how do I feed her? She has set herself up a little home in a rock. will she come out to eat on her own? Will the smell of Formula One frozen foods be enticing enough to get her to leave her shelter? Will she even eat Formula One frozen foods?

am I going to need to target feed her?

He was out all the time, used to live with the firefish. I see you only have a pair of clowns with him so more aggressive fish are not a issue. Give him a few days to get used to the tank, it could take a week for the fish to get used to his new home.

I don't think my CBS is happy about a new guy in his little area of the tank.

But, now I am worried about a hitchiker crab getting to him!

I have a purple Firefish. A timid fish but he is always out in plain veiw usually close to his hole under a rock.

I feed him frozen Mysis soaked in a galric solution
he grabs his food with the others.

Yours will come out more often once he adapts to the tank

My red firefish is always out and about (unless its night, then he sleeps in a rock). He happily eats formula 1 scraps that the clowns toss everywhere in their food fights.

I didn't feed mine for the first week or so, but he would be caught eating the copepods in the tank every now and then. After he realized he had nothing to fear from the Tang, he was out and about constantly. He eats mysid shrimp now, with garlic added on occasion.

well its good to know that I didn't just spend 18 bucks on a pair of eyes peeking out of a hole once in a great while!!! :p

Back
Top Bottom