feeding acans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Feed them at the same time. Feeding the clown will occupy it while you target feed the acans. I feed mine New Life Spectrum Thera+A.

Snow is at best a food for filter feeders, but is mainly an aragonite based Ca/Alk supplement. LPS will definitely want meaty foods. Acans would want something like large mysis shrimp.

I find it a bit difficult because I try and feed every other day...I switch off with brine shrimp, myisis and coral frozen food...I try not to over feed. by the time you feed won't you feed to much?

What do you mean? If you are target feeding you should be feeding less than if you just broadcast feed the whole tank.

I dont have any Acans but I do have several different LPS corals and have found out that they really dont need target feedings. I have found that they get all they need from the lighting and water column. Most of my corals are 7-12 yrs old and have grown significantly with out target feedings.

I`m assuming you are asking me. You can hit the "view my tank" link and see all my corals. I only feed the fish and like I said my corals get all they need from the water column and lighting. I feed my fish Mysis, vitamin fortified brine and flake every other day. On the off days I feed dried seaweed to my tangs. Been doing that for 12 + yrs now.

I agree with Mike on this. I had a lot of LPS and never directly fed any of them. They got what they got and that was it.

Back
Top Bottom