Feeding algae blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shirtlessbill

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey,

I've got an algae blenny and a tank that no longer seems to have a good food source for him (obviously there is algae just not an abundance). And reality this is good because all my waste parameters are solid and staying steady. My question is what is the best way to feed him now. I've been rubber banding algae wafers to a rock as well as nori. However, my hermits and yellow tang usually take it over.

I've been hand feeding a few pellets every morning but he is still loosing weight. Any ideas for another method? I'd like to avoid having my ham in the tank as much as possible

I've found these guys to be hit or miss when it comes to anything other than a natural food source. Your best bet is nori (may have to try different kinds) rubber banded to a rock. You can even soak it in a garlic extract solution to make it a little more appetizing, but it's hard to tell if he'll go after it. I hope he comes around!!

He's eating which is good. I'm just more annoyed that his tank mates are hogging all the food. He has gained obvious weight though. Maybe I'll have to be ok with him not being plump

Back
Top Bottom