Feeding Anemone flake food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThAtGuY11

Aquarium Advice Regular
somebody said on a different forum that you can feed flake food to your anemone. so, can i syringe some water with marine flake food and spit it at him? i have what i think is a BTA.

Please reply

ThAtGuY :)

Flake food is notoriuosly high in phospahtes so I've heard. Besides, it can't be nearly the best thing for your anenome. In a pinch for food? Otherwise, i'd recommend more meaty foods.

Of course, i never had an anenome, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express.:)

My anemone will eat whatever flake falls onto it (when I feed flake to the tank). It also gets a once a week supplemental feeding of a few silverside bits. If I don't have silversides I get 1 small shrimp or 1 small scallop at the fish counter of the local supermarket. It cost between 5 and 7 cents. That then gets fed to the anemone.

My anemone will eat whatever flake falls onto it (when I feed flake to the tank).

Yes, but I wouldn't rely on it to feed. Of course, "ambient food" is gonna find it's way to the anenome, but I wouldn't do it on purpose if it were me.

what about frozen people eating prawns. i always have peeled, raw, frozen prawns in my freezer, can i just chop that up for him?

Why don't you just buy a flat pack of squid or silversides for like $8? You can also feed them cocktail shrimp (cut up of course) soaked in Selcon or Vita-Chem.

You could try the prawns, but it may not eat them.

Any kind of small meaty pieces will do fine. I dont believe the flake has what the anenome needs.

i gave him some prawn and since then he has opened up about twice the size i have ever seen him :)

Back
Top Bottom