feeding anemones and filter feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OhTheHumanity

Aquarium Advice Activist
What is the best way to feed my anemones and filter feeders? Should I just dump some phytoplankton in front of the PH? I also heard putting small pieces of raw shrimp in the anemone.

What is the best way to go about feeding these guys?

To be honest I wasn't expecting to be purchasing any anemones for at least 6 months. Or did I expect many on my LR, so I haven't done much research about their feeding. :oops:

I give my saddle anemone a small piece of krill (1/2 - 1inch) every two or three days. Also my one clown drops all kindza crap on him for it to eat. By crap I mean like when I feed my clown will take a big bite of lets say mysis swim back to said anemone and then all of a sudden spit it all out pick some out that I guess he wants to swallow and some falls down for the host..

You really need to give us some more info in terms of what kindsa anemone you have. If it was on your live rock as a hitchhiker there is a very real possibility that it is an aptasia. Many hobbiests consder these a nusence which can be cleaned up in a number of ways but the best seems to be the addition of a peppermint shrimp.. That being said however we would need to know what you plan on or have put in the tank fish wise so that the shrimp are not eaten.

Anyway that is some genral info for you if you can give us more specifics I am sure that we can help you out :)

Doan

Now I am having concerns about them being aiptasia. If you have the Conscientious Marine Aquarist there is a picture of the anemone on page 349.

Let me know if that is them.

What is the best way of identifying these anemones? All pictures I have found are too small to tell what I'm looking at.

What is the best way of identifying these anemones? All pictures I have found are too small to tell what I'm looking at

Can you take a picture and post it so we can see it?

Basically you can't put a thing in your tank without introducing something bad. Here are a few pictures.

Back
Top Bottom