Feeding corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudzie

Aquarium Advice Freak
What do people feed thier corals. I know a lot of em get food from lighting, but the corals like the duncans, torch and frogspawn seem to respond pretty well to a meatier target feeding. Do a lot of you guys use the dts phytoplankton? I was using it for in my tank for about 8 months & since the company Shutdown havent in about 2 its back out in stock again & just dont know if its really worth the cost??
Thanks ...

I have a torch, hammer and frogspawn and I still dont target feed. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. Been that way for over 13+ yrs now.

And they grow at a pretty good rate? No planktons, do you frag em at all?

What I do is feed my fish Rods food it is a mixture of very fine to medium food. Once or twice a week I turn off my pumps for about 15 minutes and let the corals get what they can from the water column. The only ones I feed directly are the sun coral and the duncan. The sun coral I feed every head and the duncan I just squirt some mysis and let the heads eat what they catch. If you keep your glass clean that is what feeds the other corals. I turn off all my pumps when I clean my glass really good once a week the other times I just run over it with the magna float.

Feeding corals depends on many things: tank size, fish (numbers, type, and size), what else you are feeding (many foods, especially frozen, directly feed corals too, whether that is the intention or not), and other factors. I fed my LPS 3mm New Life Spectrum pellets, and they loved it.

Good, i really didnt want to put out the bucks for the DTs, but i know the colony of duncans especially love being fed this concoction i throw together and feed w/turkey baster,each head closes up when full and it seems to grow new trunk every week or three. i only do that maybe once a week.

Back
Top Bottom