Feeding corals and anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheRealFF

Aquarium Advice Freak
I havn't gotten any coral or anemone yet but i just want to know how to feed them since i've read a few post about it. Silverside, do you buy them live from stores then the corals and anemones would eat them? Thanks

Most coral and anemones get there food from the lighting. Although soft coral and a few others need to be target fed. I dont like silversides I use krill. Frozen krill and frozen mysis shrimp. You can also buy phyto-plex for your filter feeders. All and all you need to research the coral you are getting as they tend to differ. HTH

Silversides can be bought frozen which is better over live food. Fresh shrimp is great as well. I agree that most corals (with a few exceptions) and anemones get their nutrition from nutrients in the water and good lighting. I don't feed my corals but I do feed my anemones small bits of whatever is left over from feeding the eels. If there's nothing left, they go without and they are fine. They will catch food when you feed your fish and do fine on that. Lights and good water are the most important things to concentrate on.

I dont fed my BTA or corals with the exceptions of my orange sun polyps and carnation tree coral that dont get help from the lighting.

Back
Top Bottom