feeding cyclopeeze

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
i picked up some freeze dried cyclopeeze the other day. my clown loves it but the peices are so tiny. this maybe a silly question but is there another way to feed it to him? i dont want to over do it and get a water issue. also, do i soak it in garlic and selcon like i do the frozen food?? thanks in advance.

I`m sure you can. And yes make sure you dont over do it as you will have water quality issues if you do. I`ve really never had a good luck with freeze dried foods. They sell that in a frozen also.

I would say if you soak it, it may just turn to mush.

Actually, the frozen is pretty tiny too! I use just a bit of frozen with mysis once a week. Like you mentioned, I'm worried about having water quality issues if I use it too much. Even though it is small, they still go after it.

They also sell it in flake too. I use that once in a while mixed up with my Prime Reef flakes. Only issue I have with that though is that it seems to float - it just won't sink!

he didnt have any of the frozen in, hes really the only one that carries it, so when he gets it in, its gone pretty fast. oh well, the fish eats it, so ill just have to becareful.

I use the frozen bar. I shave off a piece w/ a razor, very thin slice maybe 1x1" max. for a 55 gal heavily populated tank(fish and coral). Planktivores really appreciate this food. My chromis and Occ. clowns go nuts over it. FWIW I noticed my blue/green chromis's color really perked up after starting cyclop-eeze a 2-3 times a week(along w/ more frequent feedings in general).

Back
Top Bottom