Feeding Favia Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TitoBoyz2491

Aquarium Advice Regular
When you feed favia's do you have to feed all its mouths? I feed brine every three days and its usually the top 3 or 4 mouths that usually get the food, and the other 4 mouths dont usually get food. Im worried if the other mouths should get fed :(

You really dont have to feed them. They get all they from the lighting and water column. I have two big brains that I`ve had for at least 8 yrs and have never target fed them as well as my whole tank.

The best thing for feeding corals like favia is to keep your glass clean there is a lot of good stuff when you scrape it off. Turn off your pumps when you start cleaning your tank and by the time you are ready to start pumping water back in all your coral is eating. Every once in awhile a polyp or something will catch a piece of food when I feed but not often. I know when I feed my ducan the corals near by catch some of the stuff drifting around. Duncan and suncoral are the only ones I know of that needs to be feed directly.

Since this thread is about the Favia Brain Corals how long does it take for them to show growth?

The guy at my lfs said to feed the piece once or twice a week. And I remember reading up on line that target feedings weekly are necessary. But thanks you guys.

Back
Top Bottom