Feeding Frozen Fish Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amphibianboy528

Aquarium Advice Freak
How do you feed you marine fish frozen fish food?The LFS said just pop it in the tank and the fish will find it and eat it.Well,my fish has not beed eating the frozen food.I use Prime Reef,and the fish I have are in 25 gallon tank.I have 4 damsel fish,2 clown fish,2 cardinal fish,1 algea blenny and 1 fire fish.

I usually thaw it out in a small cup of water. Then I'll add it in small amounts. In a tank the size of yours, I probably wouldn't feed over a quarter of a cube. Also, IMO, you have a bit too much bio load for a 25 gal tank. JMHO though.

I thaw mine in either a garlic solution or SW. Then rinse it with RO/DI water before adding it to my tank. It is very easy to over feed with froozen food. Only fed every few days and keep and eye on phosphates and nitrates.

I thaw it out on an angled plate to drain as much of the liquid out.
You'd be amazed at how much liquid comes out of half a cube of food.

Then I mix with a Garlic Solution for a few min, drain the excess Garlic liquid
and wella.

Garlic is thought to stimulate appatite and boost the immune system of the fish.

Hmm...all this time I've simply been taking a film canister full of tank water, dropping the frozen cube in, swishing/chopping, then dump the entire thing in!

I'll start draining the frozen food. Maybe that will help reduce the small amount of algae growth that I have.

Back
Top Bottom