Feeding habits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RYANLAWRENCE

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey just got a quick question on my feeding habits. FYI everything in my tank is going smoothly. I have a 40 gallon with probably 40 lbs of live rock with 2 small clowns. So my bioload isnt very high. I feel that i am overfeeding however after reading some of the posts on the forum. I feed twice a day, about 8 in the morning and about 8 at night. In the morning i feed some flake and formula one pellet, and at night i feed vitamin enrinched brine/mysid mix and some pellet. I feed about a small pinch of each type twice a day. Some of yall talk about feeding your fish once a day or even every other day. I have always figured that i needed to feed that much to make my small clownfish bigger. Is this too much? i havent had any problems yet but i dont want any.

I have 2 small clowns in my 38g and I feed them every other day....but that is because I've had algae issues and don't want to risk overfeeding. I think twice a day is a little much, but you are right, they will probably grow faster. Once a day would be plenty though, IMO. Once you add more fish and the bioload is a bit higher, you don't want to risk overfeeding...so by then I'd definitely cut back.

I would definitely cut back also. I`ve been feeding my tank every other day for 12 yrs now. What are your nitrates at?

Back
Top Bottom