Feeding help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shirtlessbill

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,

Long story short. I had a beautiful percula pair that unfortunately failed due to my female jumping out of my tank. 7 moths later my lfs brought in a single percula that is from the same facility and has extremely similar patterns as to my current male (I tried mixing species and my percula wasn't having any of it)
So i acclimated the new fish by floating the bag instead if drip acclimating like i usually do because I wanted the clowns to see each other and work out dominance with the safety of a barrier between them.

I introduced my newest member and all was well. It is now day two and my new perc will not eat my food. He tastes it and spits it out. I am mixing all sorts of frozen dishes which has been very successful for me (a multi pack by Sally's, a reef plankton by Sally's, and some frozen squid).

Other than that all seems well. The clows are already swimming together and I see no signs of disease.

Part of me thinks that he may still be getting used to his new home and that after time he will get hungry enough and eat whatever I give him. However, I figure better to get a general consensus on his before I just ignore it.

All thoughts are welcome. Thanks

Ph: 8.4
SG:1.0245
Alk: 8.9 (slowly raising it)

Attachments

• image-2335506645.jpg
    image-2335506645.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 76
  • image-1533927127.jpg
    image-1533927127.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 77
  • image-3036866359.jpg
    image-3036866359.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 88
Those are good looking fish. It looks like you have tried all sorts of frozen foods, I'm no expert on getting picky fish to eat but I can say my coral beauty has no interest in frozen, he only likes flake and pellets. Have you tried any of those?

Have you tried soaking the food prior to feeding in Garlic Extreme? This has worked for me.

I added some bangaii cardinals a week ago, they're just starting to eat enough so I don't feel the need to sweat it, and I alternate my feedings between frozen and flake/pellet

Thanks for the ideas.

I'm thinking of trying something other than frozen food however he did eat some squid I through in today. Heading to the lfs to ask what they were feeding it.

Also considering making my own. Read a cool thread a few weeks ago talking about it. Anyone else have experience in this?

Frozen prawn roe. Everything I've ever had loves it. Even a lot of corals.

Frozen prawn roe. Everything I've ever had loves it. Even a lot of corals.

Sweet. Thanks everyone. The bright side to all of this is now my fish will have a very diverse diet. My guys are so spoiled ;)

I usually do a mix of prawn roe and coral frenzy to feed my tank. I dose with fuel 20 mins beforehand. Fish and corals love it. Every now and again I feed squid to large polyps like the Duncan and brain.

Back
Top Bottom